About Me

My photo
Elizabeth was born in Las Vegas, Nevada in 1976 to loving parents Bob and Julia Lane. She is currently living in Orlando, Florida with her beautiful Jack Russell - Princess - and attending Rollins College full time while continuing her writing career.

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Here I Am

"After all, life is but a ride.  And we can take a chance and choose to get on, or stand aside and watch others enjoy life while we wonder what it must be like to truly live in this world."
 -from "The Ferris Wheel"



     Throughout my life, I've always imagined my own world and tried to share it with others. However, the act of putting it on paper (or, in this case, on screen) has been a difficult task for me. For starters, I harbor an insane fear that the world I put on paper could never be as vivid as the one in my head.  I suppose this is true for most writers. My stories would sometimes get told, but seldom made it into any semblance of a final piece of work. But here I am, taking a leap, and attempting to transform my imagined realities into the written word.

     When writing, whether its a novel or poem or blog, my ultimate goal is to take my reader on a ride.  I want them to experience the world I live in, real or imaginary, and take away a valuable lesson.  I want my reader to connect with the characters and the realities that I've created.  I want them to wrap their arms around the characters and become their friends. As you read this blog, I hope you are taken on a ride. And I hope that you enjoy being in the middle of this journey as much as I do.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to read your first novel. I know it will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda! Keep an eye on the blog because I'll be posting a sneak peak in about a week! You'll get to read the exciting first few chapters of Calypso's Storm!

    ReplyDelete